PREMIO INTERNAZIONALE DI CANTO LIRICO
BORSA DI STUDIO
International Prize for Lyric Singers
“Valerio Gentile” Fellowship
1) In memory of Valerio Gentile, a young music lover and lyrical singer, prematurely dead, his family, in collaboration with Bari “N.Piccinni” and Monopoli “Nino Rota” Conservatories of Music, has instituted in 1997 the Premio Internazionale di Canto Lirico – Borsa di Studio “Valerio Gentile” (International Prize for Lyric Singers – “Valerio Gentile” Fellowship). The competition will take place in Monopoli and Fasano (Italy) on December 9th 2018.
2) Young lyrical singers can join the competition under the condition of being, at the 1/1/2018, under 30 years old if sopranos or tenors and under 32 years old if mezzo-sopranos, contraltos, baritones, bass, countertenors.
3) The application form, available for download on the Competition website (blog.valeriogentile.it) and on FB (Premio di canto lirico Valerio Gentile), must be completed and signed in each field and sent, both, to the following addresses: Associazione Culturale Centro Studi “Valerio Gentile” – c/o Nicola Gentile, Via F.lli Rosselli, 61, 72015, Fasano (BR) Italia and to: email@example.com
Applicants shall specify their full name and voice register and following documents must be enclosed:
▪ 1 photocopy of passport or valid ID document
▪ 1 photocopy of a certificate issued by an Education Institute (Conservatory, Academy, etc) where the candidate is still studying or has completed his musical studies. In case of private studies, candidate’s teacher is asked to declare, under his/her own responsibility, the professional level achieved by the student and his qualification to take part in the competition;
- Authorization (pursuant to European Regulation privacy 2016/679 GDPR) to the processing of personal datas, provided for participation in the competition, by the Associazione Culturale Centro Studi “Valerio Gentile”, limited to the purpose of management of the same consent. The data provided in the registration form, will be stored and used exclusively by the same organization in order to send information related to the Association. Under the aforementioned GDPR, the data holder is entitled to know, update, delete and rectify his data or oppose its use. The data controller is the pro tempore manager of the organizing Association;
▪ 1 signed declaration,
▪ bank receipt showing the payment of a registration fee, free of charges for the Competition, to: NICOLA GENTILE – Presidente dell’Associazione Culturale Centro Studi “Valerio Gentile”- IBAN IT92G0101025801100000003451. Registration fee is
€ 40,00 for those who will be accompanied by their own piano collaborator; € 80,00 for those who require piano accompanist.
▪ a copy of the works (on paper) chosen for the competition, ONLY in case an accompanist is requested.
▪ Pianist of the organization: M ° Raffaella Migailo.
▪ 1 full-body picture.
Nevertheless, the organization reserves the right to use audio and video recordings and photographs of the performances of the competition in 2018, and has the unlimited rights to broadcast the 2018 Contest performances through television, radio, Internet, without payment to competitors. Participation in the competition in 2018 implies the tacit consent to the previously written.
Application deadline is November 25th 2018: all documents must be received by email and/or postmarked no later than this date. In case of exclusive electronic transmission, a physical copy of all documents must be given to the Competition administration on the eliminatory stage day.
4) Competitions promoters have the right to verify the authenticity of all certificates and documents enclosed by the applicants.
5) Prizes, in the form of a document confirming the amount awarded, consist in scholarships destined to the participation in master classes, courses or specific educational activities in Italy or abroad, chosen by the winners.
- 1st Prize – Scholarship to the value of € 2000,00 – diploma and concerts to be planned.
- 2nd Prize – Scholarship to the value of € 1000,00 – diploma e and concerts to be planned.
- 3rd Prize – Scholarship to the value of € 500,00 – diploma and 1 concert to be planned.
- Assignment of a role, with a scholarship, in a production of Bitonto’s “XIV Traetta Opera Festival 2019”, under the unquestionable judgement of the jury member of T.O.F..
- Concert in the Festival “Ritratti” 2019, organized by Associazione Musicale Euterpe of Monopoli (Bari).
- Concert in the field of programming called STAGIONi_2019,
organized by the Giovanni Padovano Musical Association of Mola di Bari.
Not awarded finalist will receive a refund of € 100.00, if Italian residents (outside of Puglia Region), or € 200.00, if residents abroad (upon presentation of travel costs proof)
6) Jury will be formed by 7 invited members:
- 1 teacher of Bari “N. Piccinni” Conservatory of Music;
- 1 teacher of Monopoli “Nino Rota” Conservatory of Music;
- 1 representative of the Bitonto Traetta Opera Festival;
- 1 representative of the “Monopoli Euterpe Musical Association”;
- 1 representative of the “Giovanni Padovano Musical Association”;
- 1 outstanding represents of the international lyrical scene, selected by the organizing Prizes
7) PROGRAM AND COMPETITION STAGES:
Programs chosen by the applicants must not exceed 15 minutes length: it must contain not less than four lyric songs, or, at the choice of the competitor, no less than three lyric songs and one chamber piece, all of different authors (only one author can be replicated). Would be nice a chose a non-italian language song All works must be performed by heart, in original language and tonality.
First Stage – Eliminatory (6 to 8 minutes): performance of works selected by the Jury among the Repertoire given by the candidate,
Second Stage – Final: Performance of the entire program presented by the candidate, or part of it (according to Jury’s decision).
Eliminatory phase will be held on December 9th 2018 in Monopoli, Conservatory of Music “Nino Rota”. Jury will select a maximum number of 6 finalists, who in the evening of the same day will be performing in the Final Stage held in Fasano (BR): winners will be announced on the same evening.
9) By registering, the participants wholly accept these Rules as well as the Regulations and Norms that during their development might be issued. The decisions of the Jury and the Competition Management cannot be appealed.
Prof.ssa Nicla Sciangalepore
Mobile: (+39) 328/7531262
Prof. Nicola Gentile
Mobile: (+39) 348.4056218
2018 APPLICATION FORM
FAMILY NAME FORNAME(s)
COUNTRY OF BIRTH
ADDRESS OF RESIDENCE
DATE AND PLACE OF BIRTH
DATE OF GRADUATION
IF NOT GRADUATED, SPECIFY NAME OF RECENT TEACHER/S
NAME OF PIANO ACCOMPANIST
REQUIRED PIANO ACCOMPANIST
(mark if needed)
“…not less than four lyric songs, or, at the choice of the competitor, no less than three lyric songs and one chamber piece, all of different authors (only one can be replicated). Would be nice a chose a non-italian languige song.”
1997 Vittorio Bari Baritono
1998 Grazia Coppolecchia Soprano
1999 Gabriella Grassi Mezzo-Soprano
2000 Tiziana Minoia Soprano
2001 Won Sin Lee Soprano
2002 Tiziana Falco Soprano
2003 Maria Luisa Dituri Soprano
2004 Angela Nisi Soprano
2005 Woo Yong Kwon Baritone
2006 Benedetta Bagnara Soprano
2007 Aurelio Schiavoni Countertenor
Damiana Mizzi Soprano
Gaia Petrone Mezzo-Soprano
2009 Lucia Conte Soprano
2010 1st Prize not assigned
2011 Choi Byung Hyuk Baritone
2012 Annalisa Ferrarini Soprano
2013 Roberta Mantegna Soprano
2014 Maria Luisa Iacobellis Soprano
- Cristina Bellantuono Soprano
Paola Leoci Soprano
2016 Sara Intagliata Soprano
2017 Giulia Mazzola Soprano